In this episode of Le Podcast, I had the great pleasure of having John Poelstra to discuss a very personal experience about providing feedback.
John has a great show. I have been on the show twice. The first time to discuss Changing Your Team From The Inside. The second with Michael Doyle to discuss how to build and lead effective remote teams.
The highlights of the episode are:
- the difference between the content of the feedback and how it is delivered
- the place of the ego in the feedback process
- who is responsible for our experiences
- how to deal with expectations or needs
- how the responsibilities are on both ends
- the dance between people is the relationship
- how you show up makes a big difference
- polarization, win/lose mentality makes it worse
Recommended book in the episode:
- The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict by The Arbinger Institute