Psychological Safety is the term coined by Amy Edmondson, the author of The Fearless Organization.
I already talked about Psychological Safety, when I presented the work of Google on the project Aristotle, and how it was a very good conversation starter for my team.
The two other books I mentioned in that episode of Le Podcast are:
- The Coddling of the American Mind
- In Great Company
The questions we asked to assess psychological safety are:
- When someone makes a mistake on my team, it is often held against him or her
- In my team, it is easy to discuss difficult issues and problems
- In my team, people are sometimes rejected for being different
- It is completely safe to take a risk on my team
- It is difficult to ask other members of my team for help
- Members of my team value and respect each others’ contributions
The scale to answer the questions ranges from “Strongly disagree” to “Strongly agree”.
Tell me what you think!